sunnuntai 6. joulukuuta 2015

Advent Calendar 2015: Window 6

Yumi's picks: "VK" Palette, #11 (RCMA Makeup)




I came across this palette some while ago when I was searching for goo quality cream palettes for contouring and highlighting. I prefer buying every skin makeup product by walking to a store where I can test the consistency and color and see that they really fit me. However, I had read such good reviews and seen makeup artists use this palette with really nice results, I decided to take a risk and buy it online. There are two color palettes in the "VK" line, #11 being more suitable for myself.


How to use
If you have oily skin, swipe excess oil off your skin with a little bit of toner poured on cotton ball or pad. Massage a pea-sized amount of moisturizer on your skin and finish with primer. Use a little bit of foundation thinner with the colors to make them thinner and to make the foundation more fluid, if needed. Warm the product up before applying on skin (like mixing the color on the back of your hand). Apply on skin with tools of your choice and seal the makeup in with powder.

My tool of choice
Foundation brushes (presenting, from smallest to biggest, a detailer brush, a pointed foundation brush and essential foundation brush by Real Techniques) for contouring and highlighting, and a beautyblender for blending.

Pros
Where to even start. There's an insane amount of pigment in the product. The VK colors have 50% pigment, whereas usually liquid or cream foundation products have around 18-23%, so it really covers up well. The consistency is smooth, the colors feel light on skin and the coverage lasts fairly long. You can mix the colors to get the right tones for yourself. Personally, I like the matte black look of the case, too. To top the cake, the formula of the colors is really pure; they consist of wax, pigment and vegetable-based oils only, so no fragrances, animal extracts, lanolin or mineral oils.

Cons
The palette is from the pricier end of the scale (but honestly, I think it deserves to be). Most of the darker tones are slightly too warm for me.


 


If you have anything further to ask about this product, don't hesitate to leave a comment!


Ps. Happy Independence Day to all the Finnish folk out there!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti