torstai 24. joulukuuta 2015

Advent Calendar 2015: Window 21

Yumi's picks: Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub




This time I will not be presenting any specific brands but a little gimmick for homemade face scrub. What you need is fine sugar and coconut oil. That's it. You can actually do this with other similar materials, like brown sugar and olive oil, but I prefer fine sugar because the texture fits well to my skin and I find coconut oil more gentle and I enjoy the scent.


How to use
Use warm water to wet your face. Mix a little bit of oil and sugar and gently massage the mixture on your face in circular motions for one minute. Avid scrubbing around the eyes because the skin is very sensitive around that area. Rinse the scrub of your face properly and finally moisturize your face. The point of scrubbing your face is to get rid of dead and dry skin, make blood flow better and they are also supposed help with blackheads. Don't scrub your skin more than once or twice a week to let your skin rest and to prevent it from getting irritated.

My tool of choice
Well, my hands

Pros
This scrub is a really gentle and an affordable way to treat your skin. At the moment I am going through a treatment that makes my skin unbearably dry and itchy, but this homemade scrub makes it so much better and my skin is so soft for a couple days afterwards. With less dry skin the results are more long lasting. Using a scrub made of everyday food ingredients is less harmful than "cosmetic scrubs" because they are pretty much free of chemicals.

Cons
Honestly, can't think of any if used properly.


If you have anything further to ask about this tip, don't hesitate to leave a comment!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti